Skip to main content

Sister's Birthday

Good Afternoon people who read my blog. I must first make an apology for not keeping up with my blog. The fact is, I have had the time, but not the drive. I have also been struggling with some life decisions and stress. Last week was Independence day. I would like to wish you happy late celebrations of freedom. My family had a wonderful fourth of July. Instead of the typical somewhat awkward cookout that we usually have with our neighbors, we had a party in the evening with some church friends and one of dad's work friends. (and his family.) My friend Micah and his brother Caleb hung out with me. The moms and my sister and Micah's sister all played Phase Ten and the men hung out together and discussed man stuff. The little kids got into whatever sort of mischief they could imagine. At one point Micah, Caleb and I brilliantly decided to play a game of 20 card Uno. (It was my idea.) 20 card Uno is probably my favorite game. My cousin and I have a tradition of playing two player twenty card Uno at Christmas or New Years. I don't think that I have ever played with three people. Anyway, we played on the livingroom floor. All was fine and dandy as we meticulously juggled our handfuls of cards until my brother, #4 came  charging through. He came and kicked the draw pile and the pile with the played cards. He did this over and over. Then Laura the puppy joined the fun. Then all of the kids got glowsticks and SOMEHOW my sister #3 managed to spray all three Uno players with glowing liquid. The carpet was glowing, The cards were glowing. We were glowing.  After probably an hour, Micah won. Later Micah decided to buy fireworks for the first time. His dad and I went with him. He drives a stick shift which I thought was pretty neat because learning to drive stick is on my bucket list. Later we all did fireworks and some light writing. It was fun. As they were leaving, I went inside. Because I was very tired. No joke, our friends were hardly out of the driveway and my brother was already naked. I thought it was the funniest thing. (He is four, so it isn't extremely weird for him to be streaking.) I love my bro, he's great.
Sunday was my sister's birthday. She is fifteen now. (#2)  After church we were invited to our friends the Grell's house for pizza and a movie. It was Sherlock Holmes and the Game of Shadows I think. All you have to say is Sherlock and I sold. So, #2 and I made it to the house which I didn't realize Micah was still house sitting. The Grell family was not back from their trip yet. Also, the pizza was almost all gone because our family took forever to leave church. There were three pieces left, I ate them all. (#2 didn't want any.)Micah wasn't the only other person there, his brother and the Flash and some of the kids from the college group were there as well. (BTW Micah is 19 his bro is 21) (They both have beards and the bro has a gf named Joe I think.) We watched the movie and I thought it was amazing. It would seem though, that my sister does not enjoy that particular genre of entertainment. Afterwards, she wanted to go home immediately. (Much to my surprise.) I offered her a ride but she asked mom instead. Somehow our friends caught wind that it was her birthday, and were excited. Someone suggested that we get a cake or ice cream or both or ice cream cake and the air was just buzzing with excited energy. This was too much attention and questions for #2 who just wanted to be alone, so she sent an unfinished text to mom that said, "They're killing me."
Naturally our worried mother rushed over only to learn that we had been asking what kind of cake she wanted. We ended up eating ice cream (we were going to celebrate her birthday whether she went home or not. Thus goes the college group.) Then the Grell family came home and we celebrated with them. It was very great. 
Other than that, I have been searching for a job. I have no money. I have also been struggling with deciding my future. Whether or not I will go to the Air Force Academy or maybe Abilene Christian University. (ACU) ACU has offered me a priority application which only costs $23. Granted, I would rather a free application, but I don't have to write an essay with it, so that's pretty cool. ACU is a faith based college, which as you can probably guess, catches my attention. I want that atmosphere before I step onto the ship to navigate the ocean of life. I am not sure, but I might be called to missions which would make ACU a great launch point I think. But there are so many perks to being in the Air Force.  I have job security, insurance, better pay than most people. All of these things make me feel safe. But a little voice just keeps whispering that all of this is vain. Flat, shallow. There are people out there dying, they don't know Christ. There are African kids with skin as black as a starless night that need help. I can't waste my life being safe and secure. It appears that I must go. I must learn, so that I can go. I think that is what He wants me to do with my life.  Not set in stone but judging by the words that just landed on this screen, it might just be. 
I wish I had more to tell, but I don't and my dad just got home from work. Have a great day guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T