Skip to main content

How To Write a Limerick

Good morning, People! How was your sleep? Mine was alright. In my dream, my buddy Flash found my lost Starbucks gift card. He was like SWEEET until I told him it was mine. Then he looked a bit bummed. I (seeing this sad face and not particularly liking it) decided to make a deal. "Tell you what. You can keep the card if you promise to get coffee with me."
"You do not have control over that stuff." He took my card and walked away.
Image result for pee wee's great adventure I'm in the middle of nowhere
Fereal? Who does that??? LOL. Fortunately it was just a dream. I still have my half spent gift card. Now that we have talked just a bit, it is time to get serious. We are going to write a Limerick. {What in tar nation is a Limerick?}Hold your horses, I am about to explain. A Limerick is a form of poem following an A-A-B-B-A pattern. This means that lines 1,2,and 5 rhyme and lines 3, and 4 also rhyme. The lines labeled "A" are longer than the others and have the same rhythm. I will try to write a Limerick right now. (I literally just Googled this, so if I can write something on the spot, you can too.)

There once was a Birdcrab named Jeff,
He had a wing on his right, claw on his leff.
He hated to shower,
And always smelled sour,
Until the day he met his girl Keff.


That's it. Just a silly little thing. Introduce the character, give it a funny twist an end it. You might notice I tweaked the word 'left'. Dr. Seuss doe it too. I am going to challenge you all again. I challenge you to write a Limerick. Ooh! Better idea! Let's have a competition. Whoever writes the best Limerick wins. {What do they win?}
Um....How about winner gets their poem posted on my blog and gets some form of writing request. (Not a novel please) Don't worry if you are not poetic. Everyone knows how to rhyme, we learned in like kindergarten. Also there won't be any judging. (Like I will judge which poem is the best obviously but I'm not going to be like oh this person sucks.) Just have fun. (Preferably no obscene language.) Good Luck!

Comments

  1. There once was a man named joe
    He had this king of flow
    He had great taste
    In a great bean paste
    And he had a big big toe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind not king
    Instead of in on the fourth line put for
    And I want to change the last line idk what to but I am gonna change it

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I look at the rain
    I start to forget my pain
    The tears I once cried
    No longer in my eyes
    Hope is what I start to gain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T