Skip to main content

Master's Camp 2018

Hey, all. I know that has been quite some time since my last post. I have had a lot going on. Even now, I have a lot going on in my mind. But let me tell you about camp. We went to Master's Camp at Alto Frio, (Which btw means like Cold River or something like that in Spanish.) On the first two days we learned/discussed how God is bigger than our tiny minds can fathom and how He can provide for our every need. Tuesday afternoon the entire camp was told not to use the water. There was something wrong that caused the camp's water pressure to go way down. At first they thought that it was a busted water line, but soon we learned that it was the drought. The wells where the camp got water from were nearly empty. Over 800 campers, no running water. All of the leaders met together to pray, our church group also met together and prayed, along with others. We knew God would provide. (After all, that was what we had been talking about for two days, was it not?) Sure enough, within hours, truckloads of water bottles and baby wipes and possibly hand sanitizer had been donated to the camp. People up to 40 miles away were concerned about the kids at camp. God did provide. That's not all though, He did more. By Wednesday evening we were allowed to take 3 minute showers and wash hands and flush toilets. It was amazing. Also while at camp, dozens of young men and women accepted Christ as their savior. That was pretty amazing.
Most of the week I was wrestling with one question, Am I called to missions? When  there is turmoil like that in my heart or mind, I tend to lash out with violence. I don't mean to, it just kind of happens. Most of the week I spent threatening to fight my friend Austin, until finally I got an answer. I was doing the morning Bible study/quiet time one morning when suddenly I had the thought that MAYBE I should read the verse mentioned in the short Bible study lesson thingy that the camp provided. (Wow what a concept, right?) The verse was John 17:17, I read King James version so I will show you that version.  Actually, it was the next verse that spoke to me. I read that one just for fun. I will show you both.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Verse 18 was almost like I was eavesdropping on Jesus talking to God and saying, "Look, I am sending {Cowgirl}." 
I was like okay, this is the final straw.I am yours, use me as you like. I forgot to mention another way God told me what He wanted from me. It is related to the water shortage.
You may or may not know that I am a little bit of a spaz about germs. I always just need to wash my hands. (Not like obsessively, but if there is no soap after I use the bathroom I freak out...)  A few weeks ago I had been thinking, and I said/thought, "God, I will go anywhere you ask and do whatever you want, provided that I can wash my hands." So when God took away the water, it was almost as if He was telling me that 
A) I will go where He wants and do as He says with or without clean hands
because
B) He is all powerful. He controls the water, the soap, the germs, all of it. So that was how God spoke to me at camp. Some other highlights include me learning that I have a magical pen, I am one of three wielders of such a pen. I drew a birdcrab on most of my friends. I made my friend Micah super happy by drawing a hockey player birdcrab, He loves hockey. We skipped a dance party the camp had to have our own amazing talent show, hosted by our very own Micah Tisher. I killed a scorpion with a broom at 6 AM and um...we tattooed each other with pens/markers. (It was Christian though because we added a Bible verse.) My friend Fearless Leader has been dubbed a bully because she knocked Micah to the ground when they both were trying to catch a frisbee. (It was an accident.) Lot's of amazing stuff and bonding time. It was amazing. For now, I am focused on preparing to be a missionary wherever God takes me. I am learning Swahili at the moment which is interesting. Duolingo works. My friend is almost fluent. Keep me in your prayers, that I stay on GOd's path and that I shine for His glory in the darkness that is school. I think that is about all for now. I am going to take a nap I think. It has been a long week and next week is going to be long as well. Also pray for my dad please, my being called to missions is hard for him. Have a good day you guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T