Skip to main content

Cowgirl is No Longer Single

Hello my dears. It has been TOOO long since my last post. I know. My deepest apologies, but I have been busy! (also we haven't been in the computer lab during Spanish as often lately.) My best friend came for the military ball, which I have been mentioning often I am sure for quite some time. Not only did he come, but also his family as a surprise. It has been a wonderful time since their arrival. We spent the first two days grieving over time lost, and growing closer etc. We haven't seen each other in over a year. Anyway, spring break ended and I went back to school, leaving my friends to await my return. Turns out, the ball got cancelled.
Yeah. I was horrified. And exploding with vexation. ETC. We were all very upset, and I felt this burden like it was my fault. I had caused my friends to waste money on plane tickets and a suit for my guy. Yeah.....fortunately nobody is angry at me though. On...a day last week, he and I went to the pool together. It was super cold so we didn't stay in the water long, but after a short swim in the lap pool we went and laid in the sun together. I loved it. Every night we stayed up late watching something on tv, and every night he pulled me tighter against him on the couch. First night, we were side by side, next night his arm was around me and his sister. Then before I knew it our legs were woven together and his hands around my waist. My sister (#2) was absolutely repulsed! *shrugs*
One night, while we were flossing, he asked me out. (Finally.) Naturally I said yes.
{Why do we need to know that you were flossing?}
Ok. Backstory on the floss. Ages ago, when I was like twelve, my dentist told me to floss, and I was like I don't want to. So she told me words that I will never forget. "If you don't floss, you will never get and boyfriend and you will live in your mom's basement."
This was horrifying because we don't have a basement. (Not the only reason.) Anyway, I had been harping on my guy for not flossing, so when we finally made a deal that he would floss, and he actually followed through on that deal, it meant a lot to me. I am sure that you understand.
We intended to go on said date to starbucks on Tuesday, because I like Tuesdays. But instead, our families ordered a giant pizza for dinner and then his dad, Chris, asked me to drive him to the grocery store. Once at the store, Chris handed us the list and told us to shop.
Smooth.
I didn't really mind, because coffee at night isn't the brightest idea. Wednesday was really rough for me, it was uniform day and I had to take the TSI which is a really big test to see if I can be in a dual credit course.  Also, my sister and mom were texting me about our friends leaving. So naturally, it was one of those days when I would typically text my Brute and be like I need a hug.
So I did that. Because I could actually get one.
On the way home from school I was like speeding and then I ran in the house to change and then I got a good long hug. #winning.
GTG period is over.
Where was I? I do not remember what I was going to say next...
We went on our date yesterday, after going to the San Jose missions with our families. On the way home from the missions I fell asleep in the car. It was the sort of sleep where you are fully conscious but not at all awake. That weird car sleep. Anyway, we stopped at HEB and I kind of slumped over in his lap. I had been wearing a rather low cut t shirt and I was extremely...IDK...like impressed and flattered, when instead of letting my shirt continue to slip down my shoulder he pushed it back into place. Why that meant anything to me, I am not sure. I think it was more like I don't want someone who wants me for my body. Know what I mean? Sure. Great. BTW I felt much better after my 20-45 minute lap nap.
Anyway, you are probably wondering how my date went. It went well. I drove us to Starbucks without dying. We went inside and he paid for the coffee. I was like, awesome. That's really...like a man...
Since he and I have been friends since childhood, I find it difficult to accept him as an almost man. We sat in the car and sipped our beverages. Starbucks forgot the sugar. Again. We were chilling and then my friend Raul called. I responded by texting him that I was on a date. Drinking coffee. He was super surprised. (I have known him since I was like eight.)  He kept texting me, but Justin (my date) and I didn't really mind. As it was a first date for either of us, we were both kind of awkward. It was really chill, and I liked it. At home our parents were joking about us making out in the car. There was no kissing. Just so you all know. I think that we had a more intimate time after everyone went to bed. We literally just sat in the hallway together, in the dark, talking and not talking. He had his arms wrapped around my waist and hands on my belly. We refused to go to bed until like 10:33. Finally we separated and went to our own beds. (Just want to make that clear. We went our own ways. Like good teenagers.) I am going to miss them so bad when they leave. But now I must go again. So uh...have a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T