Skip to main content

The Contract

Hello my dears. It has been far too long since I have written. I hope that you are all well. I am able to write now because I am in Spanish class with a computer. hehehe. No worries, I did my work last night. SO guess what.
This girl got a job.
Yep. How awesome is that? I know.
{Who do you work for? What is your job?}
Well, I work for Dawn Caudill Photography as assistant photographer and official blogger. (My employer must've heard about my writing abilities.)  😜
I hope to have the first post out by Friday. I just need to add photos. I would have done it last night, but my employer was tired so maybe tomorrow after school.
Speaking of, you might be wondering how school is going. It is going pretty well. Last week we had our semester exams. That was interesting. They totally jacked up the schedule for these two hour per class tests. I passed all eight. (including lunch)
JK, there was no lunch test. I am on the boy's soccer team now. IDK if I told you that. I got a soccer sweater. I wear it like every day. Now I no longer have to borrow my friend's. HEHE. SCORE. Um...let's see...what else has been happening lately?
My friend got Baptized on Sunday. That was really exciting. I am so happy that she got saved.
Yesterday was interesting. It was mostly a normal day with the exception of fifth period. My English teacher is out to get us I think. The woman has put in place some absurd rules. (As if that isn't bad enough) She instructed every student to sign a contract showing that they acknowledge these rules. I was so infuriated at her rules that I began to see stars. Nostrils flaring, foot tapping. I would not stand for these rules.
{What were the rules, Cowgirl?}
Rules that declared she would take 20 points off of our grade if we so much as misplaced  a comma in our header, or 15 points for every day that our work was late.
Now before I go on, I understand that most teachers are allowed to take points off for late work, however, the teachers at this particular school signed a contract saying that they would not retract points for late work on the grounds that this is a habit issue and not an academic one. That is probably the part about this that makes me the most angry. But let me continue. She also had the most absurd rules like, you know how on lined paper there are the two red lines? And how you've always been told not to write past the one on the right hand side? She says that all of our teachers are wrong for saying that. Write to the edge of the paper!
First, you aren't winning my favour by bashing all of my English teachers. (One of which was my mom.) Second, you're the only teacher in the world that wants us to write to the edge of the paper.
You know how lined paper has a giant space on top for your title? And how even on the second page you don't start there? Yeah, well she says that on your second page of whatever you are writing, you start your paragraph in that special spot set aside for a title. I just about barfed in my mouth.
The woman has lost her mind.
She also harped on us about putting quotations around our title. (Or underlining the title) At first it was like whatever. But she took it too far when she said, "Then you would be quoting yourself. You don't quote yourself. Unless you're Donald Trump."
She, at this point, has disrespected both my mother, and the president of the United States. We do not do this here. My friend Jordan (Jordynn?) said something commendable though. After her comment on president Trump, he firmly told her, "That was unnecessary." When she began to argue, he repeated himself.
She told us all of her new rules, not in the kind way of someone trying to improve her students' work, but rather with hatred, venom and sass. She doesn't care if we like her. She told us. But then she goes and says, "I love you."
Crazy Lady.
She held up a petition type contract and told us, "I need you to sign this." She explained that it shows we acknowledge her new rules so that when our parents come whining to her she will just shove it in their face and say that their child signed. The way she spoke this narrative was so horrible. She acted as if our parents were stupid. She called us babies. She told us to sign.
As the paper was passed around the room, I watched as each of my fellow classmates sign their voice away. Finally it came to me. I did not even look at it as I passed the contract to my teacher's next victim. I am not stupid. I am not a baby. I will not silently take this. I will not sign unless she forces my hand. I may fail English. My teacher may hate me.
Whatever.
I am not going to let my friends just take this. I am taking it to the principal. I will let you guys know how this goes. For now, I must depart. The period is about to end so I must sign out of this computer. Wish me good words and wisdom. Have a great day, guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T