Skip to main content

Miracles, Best Friends and Shakespeare

...
And there I was dancing in the arms of an answered prayer without a clue. Little Christian girl on the dance floor in a bar with her church friends. Sounds dangerous right? Maybe hypocritical. One of my friends had taken me out and was half dragging me around the floor when he told me what he may be chosen to do. (It's top secret right now so the word is mum. The church will take it to a vote very soon so I will tell you more then. For now you must wait.) After he told me who he was though, I was absolutely elated. Our church has been praying for God to send this particular person our way for months. And now not only did I get to see God move and pick the person, but I was dancing WITH THAT PERSON.
That is awesome.
It was one of those moments when you have to stop and say, Oh my goodness. God is real. He is here. He is listening. He is working. He has a plan. He is incredible. And look, He even thought about me.
It was a great evening at the family friendly bar. I think it is called Quihi Gun Club or something. My friends invited me to come dancing with them, and you all know how much I love to dance. I danced with most of the people in our group. I even danced with the Flash. (Any of my old readers will remember him and my unique yet small infatuation with the boy.) We did not get home until one A.M. Sunday morning. At church we were all groggy. I am still a little bit too tired.
Anyway, lately I have been seeing God's hand like everywhere. He answers even simple prayers. Like on Saturday, there was a soccer game and I had to take pictures, but it was raining. I prayed, "God please let it stop raining."
By the time I got to the school it was over. (Five minute drive, people.) I was like, wow, He actually did it. That's amazing.
Not that I didn't believe and know that He could make the rain stop, just that I figured it would be too small to bother with. It was pretty awesome.
On a different note, my best friend has been grounded from his technology for the past...week or two. (It feels like a month though. No kidding.) Last night I got to talk to him for a little bit, I was so happy. (He lives on the other side of the country.) I miss him a lot. I am hoping to fly him out this spring to go to the Military Ball with me. He is so sweet though. He misses me too.
{Cowgirl why are you telling me this?}
I have no idea. It was just on my mind. I literally have no point right now. I am just in English class rambling bout my friend. Sorry about that. Maybe I should find a poem for you guys. Or I could write one, but I don't feel like writing one at this particular moment. MM...The teacher is about to make us work.
How about Shakespeare's sonnet 18? Great. Let's talk about this.
Sonnet XVIII
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed:
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
   So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
   So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.




Shakespeare asks if his love is even as lovely as a summer's day, his love is far more  wonderful and kind. He tells about the less lovely parts of summer. His love's beauty shall not fade away though, probably because it will be passed on to the next generation.
This is one of his earlier sonnets so according to my research it was written about a man....
{Is Shakespeare gay???}
I have no idea. I think he was probably bisexual...He was a dirty man. I was watching a documentary on him once and they said he married his cousin after he got her pregnant. Also, his dark lady sonnets were not about his wife. So rumor has it that he had a male lover and a female lover and a wife. I should learn more and make a blog post all about him with actual information that I know is credible. I am going to go now, have a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T