Skip to main content

Lost in a Bedazzled World

Hello people. Good morning. Today is Wednesday. My grandparents are here so I was able to sleep until 7:15...Yes friends, I understand that does not match your definition of sleeping in. Yesterday was a good day. I got a new phone and mom took it to the sprint store to get it connected. It is way better than my ooooold Samsung S3. (That thing is like six years old. It is so slow.) I now have an iPhone 5s. It's cool. I think I was on it all day. Before mom came back from sprint though I was really productive. I washed/dried/folded/put away like three loads of laundry. I also sorted through my school stuff from 9th and 10th grades because my school now didn't understand what was going on and they were unable to put information into my transcripts....I think that is the issue...
I also wrote a letter to my old writing teacher. We have no stamps.
On Friday, Get-Er-Done let me borrow his Harlan soccer shirt for a school theme day. Apparently he is really long because when he saw me he said, "You're wearing my shirt like a dress."
[dramatic pause]
So over the weekend his shirt was at my house. I washed it on Monday and meant to bring it back but I didn't have the time. So yesterday I finally got the opportunity. I walked the baby and the shirt over to his house and we hung out for a bit on his porch. I like him so much better in person than through text. Through text he always sounds super grumpy but in person he just makes me laugh. He somehow managed to get a fist bump from the baby. I was extremely impressed and he was thrilled. LOL. He kind of reminds me of my brother. Unfortunately the baby got bored so I had to go home.
I started watching Stranger Things last night. (#2 saw it for the first time on Monday but I was already in bed-surprise surprise- and she was just like WE GOTTA WATCH IT.)
At first I was like, why is this lady crying so much. Geez. Then my sister turned it back to the first episode. (She started me in the fourth chapter. People, that's cruel, don't do that to others.) Anyway, about two episodes in I had gone from drowsy and falling asleep to totally interested. Even though my eyes threatened to slam shut any second. 10:05 came around and we started...another episode...My family was like "Time for bed." and I was like, "I just need to watch this episode!"
They sent me to bed anyway.
I wrote a poem for you guys. (Like I said I would.) Here it is.

Lost in a Bedazzled World
I walk filled with awe, with wonder
Through a bedazzled world
I recognize the surrounding dangers,
To my right, a cliff of gems,
Steep as free falling flight
To my left in clouds of golden swirls, rolling thunder
Fantastic lights flash the sky
I try to keep my path aligned
But get distracted by the sights.
All around, people gape
Absorbed by the glitter
From the path I see them stray;
The traveling crowd grows ever thinner.
Come back to me, Beloved one!
Don't leave me to travel this alone.
For do not you see the dangers here?
Lurking behind glittering stone?
Look at you, twirling in ignorant bliss
The Deceiver's candy on your lips
There is no escape for you now,
You're lost in a bedazzled world.
Come, join us, you invite me sweetly
I can't resist the urge.
You press his sweets upon me.
No I can't, and you know why!
My but that is neat.
We have a place at which to arrive
So please do stop trying.
I love you dear,
Please don't make me leave you here,
Though if I must I will.
I tried to reach you from the path,
Look you linger farther
To close to the edge, this'll be your death.
Goodbye, dear one, now I understand,
You refuse to see the light.
Stay here in your ignorance, not knowing of your deadly plight.
Now I must continue on my own, down this path.
Traveling through this bedazzled world,
Running, walking skipping tripping,
All toward what you couldn't find.
I pray that eventually you too, will,
Become unlost in this bedazzled world.


I hope y'all like it. Bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T