Skip to main content

A Friend Such as the Ocean- Poem About Friendship

Hello people! How are you? I am...sore from PT...but other than that I am good. It has been a long week. In journalism, we were on deadline for the newspaper and nobody's assignments were completed and on the page... Very stressful.  I interviewed a boy that I didn't know (now I kind of know him.) Then I wrote a feature story on him. {Why him, Cowgirl?} He was in the background of a photo from the day of the school's dedication. My first draft was more like a weak persuasive essay about him. Mrs. Kelly was like, you just put all of the questions and answers there.
It wasn't good at all. But I understood. I did not know what I was doing until she reminded me about the formation of a feature. Intro, Nut Graf, transition, quote, transition, quote, (ETC ETC) conclusion. My second draft made her say God's name in vain...Which while it is against the Bible and God, she usually says gosh so it added extra emphasis and it felt kind of good. My feature was great except for the last paragraph which fell a little flat because of a lack of information. So I emailed my new friend like five times. (He was taking too long.) I didn't get his reply until the next day. I was so happy though that I threw my hands up and yelled, Hallelujah!!! Then I choked on my coffee. That was yesterday morning. I was happy all day. (Okay, by the end of the day I was just tired.) Mrs. Kelly loved my story so much that I have been assigned another one. I went through my day dancing. Then in English class when I am usually hungry and irritable, I was less so... still a little bit not nice though. I was sitting at my desk at the beginning of class and Blum walked behind me on the way to his desk and while he walked past he was rubbing my shoulder. Let me tell you something, people, my shoulders are ALWAYS tight. My dad sometimes rubs my shoulders and he isn't exactly gentle, but it feels good anyway. Blum was gentle, because it was probably more of an acknowledgement of my presence than anything else, and his hand was warm and I was just like, don't ever stop, friend. To add to all that I had like that butterfly feeling in my shoulder and my stomach and I was like that's delicious. This whole thing lasted like two seconds and I was sad when he was gone. I was also back to my better mood (and probably blushing.) Right now I am blushing. I can feel it.
Let's get something straight though. I do not have a crush on Blum. That is ridiculous. It would be pointless because of two reasons, 1) he is lost, I am not even going to consider marrying a guy that doesn't know Jesus. It would be too stressful. (and against the Bible.) 2) no dating in the corps. So why is crushing any better?
He can be my friend though. I only got butterflies because a guy dared to touch my shoulder. That seems to be something that I consider an intimate action I guess.
Then there was Flores. Oh my goodness gracious. He is super annoying and mean. (Also an ROTC cadet.) He gave me a fist bump that made my hand swell. I did not react in pain though. (Not immediately.) I took it with a straight face. Because I am awesome. Later I pulled out my mom voice and yelled at the people at my table and Flores' table because they were arguing and we were supposed to be working. I said, "Could you please just do what you are supposed to be doing?!?" I received shocked stares and silence. But everyone started working, so it was effective.
On Thursday, I wore my uniform for the first time. I think five different people corrected it. Even Nash...he was going to bring my pasta yesterday but forgot the sauce. I told him that when I see him I think two things.
1) he is super cute
2)he owes me pasta.
Realistically I think four things. I wonder why he is always blushing and how he spells his name. But I didn't tell him that. He blushed when I told him he was cute. My face was on fire so I was probably blushing too. It was good. I thought that it was hilarious. I think he has a girlfriend. (He doesn't meet my standards in men so I would probably never be more than friends with him unless he changes.) Dad taught me how to iron a uniform and shine shoes this week. I also stayed at school really late on both Tuesday and Thursday. Church was Wednesday of course. Mom thinks that staying late so often was overwhelming me and giving me an attitude, it was also causing me to fall asleep everywhere. I think that she is totally right. I should not stay late at school very often. I have a lot of homework today because of it.
On Sunday, mom, Fearless Leader, her mom, and I went to a photo tournament. We all got second place in a category and at least one honorable mention. I am kind of proud. I am definitely wanting to compete again next year. Also I have a poem for you guys.


Feigned love is as strong as solid water
Firm at first, but when pressed upon it shatters
Trust forms fast for "love's" next victim
But when truly called upon, the monster
Spits and cackles and then is gone.
Poor broken fool! Drowning in the mire.
Lost in that dark and lonely room
Oh! How he desires
A friend as constant as the ocean,
Rising and falling in joyful commotion.
She supports all who call,
Never failing, a home to all.
When called upon, a friend such as that Briny Blue
Loves him as her soul
And envelopes him with care in the deep below.


That is my new poem. I hope you guys like it. I am going now, Ta Ta, people. Have a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T