Skip to main content

Pea...Fowl

Hello, people. So, looking at my posts chart, it tells how many viewers I have for each post. It seems that since my blog book I have lost all but one of my viewers. 😔 What happened guys? I thought we had something going.
I heard that the mascots at my school are currently both being played by the same young lady. That's pretty awesome, I might very well have a shot at fulfilling my dream of dancing in a sweaty suit and scaring little kids.
This week is a little chaotic for me. No sense of order whatsoever. I don't even know what to have for breakfast because dad said, 'Don't touch the milk.'
Very sad. I love milk so much. Maybe if the weather is good I will go to the pool. Maybe my friend will be there. That would be nice. Except actually I need to have a serious conversation with him about something he said, so maybe it won't be nice. I also need to have a serious conversation with another boy that wants to rebuild a mostly broken friendship. Getting him to listen was never easy before and I don't imagine that it will be now.
You know what? That is enough about me. I will figure it all out. Let's learn something.
Let's talk about peacocks. Alright. I just did like an hour of research, here we go.
The Afropavo, Pavo is often referred to as the Peacock. However, only the males are Peacocks. The females are actually called Peahens and the breed are called Peafowl. There are three types of Peafowl.
The Blue Peafowl which lives in India and Sri Lanka.
Image result for blue peafowl male and female The one that we always see. Then there is the green peafowl which lives in Java and Burma. (Java always makes me think of coffee.) This one is slightly different. (A little more green...)
Image result for green peafowl male and female There is also the Congo Peafowl which live in the African rain forests.
Image result for congo peafowl male and female He looks a bit funny to me. These birds are omnivores and eat plants, bugs and small creatures. They also eat popcorn. (I know from experience.) At night they  roost in trees. {How do they get in trees?} They fly. Yep, apparently these guys can fly. A group of Peafowl is called a Muster, ostentation, pride, or even party.
Some inter breeding caused a genetic mutation that caused a thing called leucism, which makes the bird look all white. It is often mistakenly called albino, but its eyes are not red so it is not albino. (they look so pretty.)Image result for albino peacockImage result for albino peacock
Look! That one is pink! That's cool. So, everyone's favorite part. The mating ritual. (Okay, maybe it's just mine. I get a kick out of mating dances, they are so neat.)
Everyone knows that the cock fans out his feathers in a fantastic display for the ladies. Scientists think the ladies choose their mate based on the best feathers. Makes sense. Apparently the males came quiver their feathers to make a sound inaudible to people for the ladies as well. If none are interested, the male can make a faux copulatory call which deceives the hens into thinking he is sexually active and therefore a better match. A male forms a harem of about 2-5 hens which each lay about 4-8 eggs in depressions in the ground. I think this is all super cool, so I am going to find a video of the mating ritual.
https://youtu.be/WBAJlnkMzVo <Two peacocks fighting
https://youtu.be/jPln4jfrL2o < the peacock tries.


Okay that is all for today. I hope you enjoyed. Have a good day and stay safe from the hurricane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T