Skip to main content

Dear Ex Love of my Life- Poem by Me

Hello, people. Good morning! I hope that you slept well. I actually had the hardest time getting to sleep. I was excited and stressed and probably caffeinated and I had put Frankincense on my face so that might have affected things. Also I had a few songs stuck in my head. I didn't fall asleep until at least 11:30. I am totally not sure how at 5:44 my eyes popped open like, "Good Morning! It's time to wake up now."
Yesterday I had to go to the doctor's for a physical. It was not lovely. She wanted to see things, and I did not want to let her. Then she told me to lay off the caffeine. 😭
I prefer dentists.
My school had a pep rally yesterday. It was interesting. A mom started dancing inappropriately with the mascot. I was like, there is a boy in there. C'mon people! Get a grip. The boy in the costume seemed cool with it. He pulled up his shirt to show the mascot's abs. (Our mascot has abs, can you believe that?) The male costume looks really awesome. My pastor, his wife, and my youth group leader were at the rally. It was so nice. Pastor's wife teaches middle school so she knows like half of the students, it was pretty funny watching Pastor try to keep up with her. After the rally I was people watching, like normal, and I caught sight of a football player. (Never really been into jocks, but I watch them sometimes.) I was like, look at dem calves.Image result for staring Lol. Hairy muscles. 🤣
My brother (who is three years old) is already quite the ladies man. On the way out of the school he found a pretty cheer leader to flirt with. I told my dad that when he is lady liking age is when I move back into his house. He will be trouble, and I will scare away all of the girls that I don't like. 😁
So the other day, an important figure from my past came back into my life. He has possibly every existing emotion tied to him, so understandably I was a bit of a wreck. I was unsure whether to be happy that he is speaking to me again or angry that he thinks I still care...after a year...so I wrote a poem. I have an idea that the emotions used to write this poem have changed, but it's an alright poem so I will show you guys. I call it, Dear Ex Love of my Life. (It was supposed to be Back from the Dead, but that didn't happen.)


Dear ex love of my life,
Why must you return and cause my strife?
Out of the blue. After a year.
Now you just up and reappear!
Am I still the holder of your love?
You ask me the bold question above
Suddenly, you surprise me.
He's back from the dead.
Old thoughts and feelings re-emerge,
Covered with dust and rust and dirt.
Someone else took your place, friend!
Must you try?
Can't you just admit that you lost this?

Dear ex love of my life,
Oh do tell me why you must cause this strife.
You had your chance, way back when
I was ready and willing to play this game.
Now that another has my heart,
You want to make it your own.
Any chance you have will take hard work.
My love is no longer given; it's earned.
I don't know what to think; what to feel.
Like seriously, are you fereal?
Do you actually intend to try?
Am I, truly your prize?

Dear ex love of my life,
Oh do tell.
Why?
I want to understand
Your motivation.
I need to know why
You chose this time.



So that is my latest poem. He hasn't seen it. I haven't even told him that it exists. (Kind of embarrassing, don't you think?) Also it implies me closing doors when actually I was just trying to cope. (Okay, I was also taking advantage of my own emotions.) Sometimes pain is profitable. The deepest poems are often the best, so if I am ever like, an emotional wreck, my logical side takes advantage of the opportunity. My emotional side would rather sit and cry or something. lol. I hope you guys enjoyed it. I think that's all for today. Have a good one. Your comments are always welcome. Go ahead and share this blog with all of your friends. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T