Skip to main content

What Is Love?

Hello. Happy third of July. How was your yesterday? Mine was wonderful. My church had an Independence Day celebration after the service. (If it hadn't been a short notice thing, I would have invited you guys.) After that, I went swimming at a friend's house with my youth group. It was super fun. I drove to my friend's house, on the way I saw my friends. I beeped at them like "Hi guys! Look who is driving by themselves." (They are both older than me but I got my license first.) I learned that The Flash swims faster than me though. (Not too too much faster, but faster nonetheless.) I need to fix this. At youth we played a game and I won a $2 bill. I feel pretty privileged. I think my brother is sneaking candy or something out of the pantry...🤔 He is out now.
It is kind of grey outside, I think you guys need something to make you smile. Here.
 Have some cute fuzzy cows. You are welcome. SO, question of the day, What is Love?
Shakespeare has an answer for that through his lovesick teenage character, Romeo. He says,

Love is a smoke raised with fumes of sighs:
 Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes:
Being vexed, a sea nourished with loving tears.
What is it else? A madness most discreet,
A choking gall, and a preserving sweet.

Ah, dear Romeo. Could you have said that better? Now, God's answer to this question. 

1 Corinthians 13:4-8King James Version (KJV)

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I chose King James version because it was written around the time when Shakespeare was alive. Also I am partial to King James. For the beauty of the poem, I enjoy Romeo's definition more. I know it is a human answer and therefore is not the ultimate reality, but he's not wrong either.  I wanted to make sure that you guys all know the true definition of love though, because I don't want you to go do something ridiculous and then be like, "Cowgirl said..." 
My coffee got cold. That is sad. I lost my writing rhythm. Saturday I wrote a poem. Mom didn't like it though so I will not be posting it. Tomorrow I intend to make a "Page". I am not entirely certain what those are supposed to look like, but I encourage you to check it out. I think that is all for today. Have a great day.


Wait, One more thing:
Smile, it looks good on you. 🌞

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T