Skip to main content

Watching You Sleep

Hello People. How are you today? I hope that you are well. Before I really get going, I want to tell you that I feel my Bible study club should not be called The Milk Lover's Club. 😔 I wrestled with this for...the whole weekend. In the end, I think God would prefer me to call it From Milk to Meat. I am thinking this because whenever I was thinking about this club these two verses would come into my head. ( I din't actually remember the whole verse, just the milk to meat bit.)

Hebrews 5:13-14King James Version (KJV)

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

and for you normal people who don't enjoy Elizabethan English:


Hebrews 5:13-14New International Version (NIV)

13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

I do not like the NIV. If you do not get these verses, they are saying that if you are new to the Bible you only understand a little, like an infant can only digest milk. We (Christians) need to learn and grow in the Word so we can move on to the metaphorical meat and then teach the babes...Does that make sense? I hope so. (Friends correct me if I am leading anyone incorrectly.)
So you might be wondering how the hiking trip went and if I successfully wrote a poem atop the mountain. We never went to the top of the mountain. The park was closed. We drove an extra two hours to go to a different park with no mountain. It still had a river though (not the Frio unfortunately) and we went in the river as previously planned. I did however, get a poem. While riding in the car, my buddy Gage was sitting right in front of me and he fell asleep. I was watching him with mild interest and concern because of the angle at which his head was sitting. Then his head lolled to the other side and I watched his hair and wondered at how the sun reflected on it. (I was thoroughly entertained by this for a good like fifteen minutes.) All this time I was nonchalant rhyming in my head. Out came a magnificent poem. (Fortunately I had brought my notebook)
You ready? Okay, here we go.


I feel like I'm creeping
Just watching you sleeping
Observing the way
The sun hits your soft waves
Of silky curls.
The cowlick in the back:
The way that it swirls.
The awkward angle at which you rest
Your head might just fall off your neck!
Be careful now, we wouldn't want that.
Where would we be without our Gage?
I don't know but
I'd rather not live to see that day.

His mother thought is was a romance poem. It is not. I just want to make that clear. But let's be honest here, without Gage, our games would be a LOT less exciting. 
The river was fun. There was a snake in the water. Needless to say, we did not get out. If anything we swam toward it. We basically hiked downstream. It was...very painful. I had no shoes on and there were rocks. My feet are very bruised up. I fell many times because of those rocks. Hahaha. Just my advice, wear shoes in the river. If you don't have river shoes, walk in the seaweedy stuff. It is a lot softer on bare feet. (a bit scratchy though. I think it cut my hands and feet just a bit.) Oh, I also wrote half a poem. I dare you to finish it. (Actually, I really want you to finish it. That is today's competitive challenge.) I will judge on... Thursday...Does that sound good? Awesome. Here is your starter:

We clambered up this tall, tall hill
With toil and sweat
And now we smell
Wretchedly bad
But it's all good


Good luck, People!  I have to go now because my family is starting to wake up. Have a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T