Skip to main content

Friday Haiku

Good morning, you guys. Before I get started, I just wanted to say it means so much that I have even two or three daily readers. When you guys come back to me to say something about my blog I cannot help but smile. (Because someone is reading what I have to say) My mom likes my poems better than Shakespeare's Sonnets, she told me this the other day. There is the possibility that you feel the same way. When I have time (and emotion) I will try to write. I need to work on the book about Jeremy too. I will post that here. (It might be kind of a longer post, be warned.)
Just heard this on the news. Chic-fil-a is testing Mac and cheese on the menu starting Monday only in San Antonio. Go there. Try it. (For me?)
Also heard on the news: It is not illegal in TX to drive with headphones in/on. However, you can get pulled over for distracted driving if those headphones are distracting you in any way. (Like you don't hear an ambulance or something) Also it is illegal in Louisiana. Just so you know. Try not to get a ticket. 👍👍
Alright. So today is FRIDAY! (Finally.) It has been a long/short week.
 {What? How is that even possible?}
 Well it has been a long week because I have had a lot to do, but it has been a short week because it went fast. I am not even completely sure that it is Friday. I am just guessing. As it is (likely) Friday, I think we should celebrate somehow. I think with a Haiku. 🙂🙂🙂
{What is a Haiku?}
Glad you asked. A Haiku is traditional form of Japanese poem. It consists of three lines following the simple pattern five, seven, five. (five syllables, seven syllables, five syllables.) Usually they are about nature, (The Japanese really like nature. Dunno if you noticed.) but you can make yours about anything. The lines do not need to rhyme.  My mom wrote the best Haiku about our dog a few years ago, but I do not remember it. Here is a Haiku by Basho Mastuo (I have no idea who he is but he came up when I searched Famous Haiku)


An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

See how simple it is? (He lived in the 1600s btw) Now it is my turn. Okay, here we go.


The sun rises nigh
I realize it's Friday morn'
I do a small dance.


There we go. That is my simple Haiku about Friday that I just came up with. (it took maybe two minutes?) Now it is your turn. (Wait, that needs pizzazz)

Image result for samurai warrior
  I hereby challenge you to write your own Haiku and post it in the comments.


(My Japanese warrior just challenged you guys. He has a sword, you should listen.) I did not draw that. That is all, Cowgirl out.
I will be watching the comments closely.
(He has such a deep voice that the letters slant for him. Freaky!) Good luck with your Haiku's! Have fun!

Comments

  1. Polly, a haiku

    Spotted sweet pushy
    Sat next to me to watch tv
    Fart, look and away


    That's the haiku about out late sweet Polly. She was an English setter with quite the personality! Sweetest dog ever 💗 She would get gassy from time to time and would walk into the room, sit next to you, fart, look at you like you did it then walk away!!! 😂Oh I miss her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T