Skip to main content

Favorite Poem

Hello World! It's Marina-Del-Ray, I'm the new eta-she...jk.  (whenever I say hello world, that song starts playing in my head so I had to put it in your head.) It's just me. Little ol' Cowgirl. So my sister, #5 (her name will not be spoken, because uh...it is way more fun to refer to my siblings by order of birth. lol I am #1) Anyway, #5 has discovered this chair.  It is the time out chair for #3 and #4, but for #5 it is the COOLEST THING EVER.  She climbs up in the chair (backwards) and starts dancing and screeching like she does when she is ecstatic. Or when she hears a good beat. Man that kid loves to jam. Super cute. hahaha. I have a question, here. To you readers, it will seem random but for me it isn't random. (I just googled the Butterfly swim stroke) Apparently it's the second fastest stroke, but it is the hardest to do....
So why would a swimmer want to work hard and be slow? Is the Butterfly the main goal cuz since it is so hard, no non-competitive swimmer has a reason to do it? Freestyle is the fastest though...I like how it feels to slice through the water and zoom across the pool.  I do not really like any other stroke because they make me feel slow. 🐌
{What is with the sudden interest in swimming?}Oh, I have recently been taking lessons with a competitive swimmer/one of the lifeguards at our pool. Since I already know how to swim, and just want to improve so I can be on the team next summer, he works me really hard. (And I Love it) Before you ask, I don't know exactly why I enjoy him pushing me so hard. I just do. The two week course is over as of yesterday though. 😢 So sad.
Enough about my life.  Now, my favorite poem.  This poem is not by me of course, because that is a completely different kind of favorite poem.  My current favorite poem is actually by Shakespeare.  {I thought he wrote plays...} That is what I thought too, then I read his Sonnet 130 and was blown away. I loved it so so much. By golly.  (There is another favorite poem as well but I don't remember it right now. It is in a book upstairs somewhere, I will find it later) In case you have never read Sonnet 130, I will google it and then type it up for you. You will laugh. (Or not, maybe just on the inside?)

Sonnet 130

My mistress’ eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips’ red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damasked, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress when she walks treads on the ground.
     And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
     As any she belied with false compare.
I like this one because it is a satire, but on a different level it is totally romantic. He lists all of his Love's imperfections, she is obviously not most people's first choice, but he very much loves her. Despite her imperfections. That just makes me happy.  Also, most poems are about blondes and I am not blonde, so this one wins there as well. What do you guys think of this poem? 
{What is your favorite poem by you, Cowgirl?} Great question. Let me ask my secretary...BRB...
She doesn't know. She told me I should either say Castle of Heart, or my first official poem. I do not think I named that one. I will type it up, and you guys can name it. Here goes.
I am a tree
Tall and strong
Weak ones lean on me
They stay and rest for long.

Children play upon my mighty limbs
Telling secrets and satisfying whims.
Young lovers court beneath my leaves
Making plans for their future;
Saying bittersweet farewells before he heads to war.

Now she comes down the path weeping sore
She takes comfort leaning on me;
Her tears dry as she recalls sweet memories.
Soon he will be back, their plans will take place!
Down the aisle she will come all dressed in lace.
The groom will wait, proud and beaming
At his blushing bride, his princess, his queen.
They'll say their vows and leave their childish ways.
Start a new life together for all of their days.

Now down the path comes a sweet thing,
The boy is back, in his hand: a ring!
Tell me what you guys think of my unnamed poem. Maybe we can name it together. (YAY) I think that is all I have to say for today.  Have a nice Saturday. 😁😁😁

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My New Pet Eublepharis Macularious

Greetings fellow residents of Earth. I recently had a brilliant idea. I want your opinions on this idea. Okay? Great. Here goes. My idea was that I should have a vlog that I post every so often, but it would not be like my blog. Instead, it would be a Bible lesson that I would work hard to put together just for you guys. Please tell me your thoughts on this in the comments. That would be pretty great. Alrighty. Now. Let's talk. My friends invited me to Six Flags with them yesterday.We had an amazing time going on all sorts of roller coasting rides. Turns out that two of our small group is terrified of heights. Me not included it would seem. I went on every ride approached by our party without fear. (Actually I was a little bit nervous for the Batman because my friend made it sound really crazy.) Before going to Six Flags, my mom and I had gone for a swimming/long walk workout at 6:45 AM and then had taken the kids to speech therapy (For my brother) and had also gone to the Chirop

First Post/ Finding Inspiration

As This is my first ever blog post, I thought this random writing rather suits the situation.  Enjoy. 😎   Here I sit, trying to find some inspiration for my pen to express on this page.  I close my eyes and let my thoughts sink into the depths of my soul in search of emotion.  All is pitch black, yet I can see; no, feel the dread beasts nearby.  Anger breathes down my neck while Ignorant Joy juggles knives in an effort to comfort Self Conscious who is weeping in the corner.  The more dangerous emotions I prefer to keep locked in steel cages.  To my left, Fear growls and tries to convince me to let him out.   Behind me, red hot Anger still heaves his fiery breath, singeing the hairs on my neck.  To my right, are Love and Trust.  By far the most dangerous of the group, yet also the most inspiring.  Together they conspire over an intense game of cards how they will soon rule the world.  I boldly approach them and twist the key in the lock.  They look at me with their crookedly beautif

Caroling and Christmas Parties

Hello Humans. That is how I have been greeting people since last week. You would not believe how many offended looks I have gotten. It is pretty hilarious. So you guys remember how excited I was that I was going  to put up Christmas lights with my friend on Saturday? Well it rained the night before, so we didn't do that. But! Before I get ahead of myself, I did get to go to a play at my school with LTG and his mom and my sister. It was pretty great, the play was fantastic. It was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and my friend-quaintance Daniel Oriano was the main character. I didn't know that he could sing and was left quite impressed.  After that we went home. It was pouring rain. Like so much rain. Saturday came. I went from sleeping to suddenly being awake. Which was fine. I believe that was the night that I had a terrifying dream. I shall relate the first half to you, the second half is just confusing.  It began with me in english class, which is 8th period. T